• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

camper

I bought a little pop up to try the camping thing out and so far I like it. Spent about $1,500 on a older model, '97 I think, but everything works and the canvas is almost perfect. I did hVe to put some road worthy tires on it and there were little things that needed attention, but nothing I didn't have ship shape in a couple weeks.

After 5-6 trips I have found out what I want and don't want, so I will be upgrading this year, but not by too much. I still want a pop-up, but would like a propane fridge and a furnace. Probably going to stay on the small side too, another 8' or a 10' at the most. They are just easy to pull and store in my little yard.

The wife and the boys love it! We have hit a few of the state parks and even hauled it down to the beach, where the A/C ran to perfection. For us, the little pop up is perfect. BC, (before children) we were quite the minimalist hikers and cover a lot of the AT and a few Nationl Parks. So, our demands for "camping" were quite low. Your milage may vary...

I bought a little pop up to try the camping thing out and so far I like it. Spent about $1,500 on a older model, '97 I think, but everything works and the canvas is almost perfect. I did hVe to put some road worthy tires on it and there were little things that needed attention, but nothing I didn't have ship shape in a couple weeks.

After 5-6 trips I have found out what I want and don't want, so I will be upgrading this year, but not by too much. I still want a pop-up, but would like a propane fridge and a furnace. Probably going to stay on the small side too, another 8' or a 10' at the most. They are just easy to pull and store in my little yard.

The wife and the boys love it! We have hit a few of the state parks and even hauled it down to the beach, where the A/C ran to perfection. For us, the little pop up is perfect. BC, (before children) we were quite the minimalist hikers and cover a lot of the AT and a few Nationl Parks. So, our demands for "camping" were quite low. Your milage may vary...

If you haven't already, take a look at St Andrews State Park in Panama City Beach. Really nice place, lots of shade and you can camp right on the water of the Grand Lagoon.

I'm looking for something in the same price range that needs work on the inside ... but also has to be towable (at least to my house) lol I don't care if I have to gut it and start over that a kinda what I'm looking for cheep and a project

I'm looking for something in the same price range that needs work on the inside ... but also has to be towable (at least to my house) lol I don't care if I have to gut it and start over that a kinda what I'm looking for cheep and a project

I sold a camper not too long ago.. 24" fiberglass Coachman Catalina ultra light (I could pull it with my 5 cylinder 3.5l colorado) siding needed repaired, roof needed repaired, and pluming needed replaced.. I still ended up getting $2000 for it.. it was an 04 model.. It was still towable and the interior was in good shape (and had the higher end interior including laminate flooring) Your not likely to find what your looking for in towable shape for your price range.

You may get lucky, just saying you might need to increase your budget or just not get your hopes up too much or be prepared to be looking for a while

Back
Top Bottom