• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Camo Junkies

WinstonSmith

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Garthok Narfler
85   0
Reaction score
I have to admit, I have a hard time avoiding the "new hotness" when it comes to tactical, hunting, etc gear.

A couple years ago I got turned onto Con Camo. Specifically their Ghosthood 3d camo. It was a solid bitch to get at the time as there were no north American distributors. Had to get my father-in-law get his German friends to buy and ship it to me.

Used it hunting with great success. It's a real light material. Almost see through mesh so absolutely perfect for GA heat. I like 3d camo because I can just wear whatever light clothes and just slip it on over anything. And you can move through brush with it real easy as it's not a ghillie with a bunch of strings that get caught on everything.

My friend just started a company called Eidolon Tactical. He is now the North American distributor for Ghost Hood. When he saw the stuff, or didn't see as the case may be, in the woods it just had to happen.

This is not just a shameless plug for my friends company. I flat love this. Disappear in the woods and fits in a cargo pocket. And its printed with IRR colors too.

Anyway, first rate camo pattern for all you camo junkies out there. Here is the website. You should check it out. I have the brown and green. Just damn good stuff.

Screenshot_20230510_163755_Gallery.jpg

I have to admit, I have a hard time avoiding the "new hotness" when it comes to tactical, hunting, etc gear.

A couple years ago I got turned onto Con Camo. Specifically their Ghosthood 3d camo. It was a solid bitch to get at the time as there were no north American distributors. Had to get my father-in-law get his German friends to buy and ship it to me.

Used it hunting with great success. It's a real light material. Almost see through mesh so absolutely perfect for GA heat. I like 3d camo because I can just wear whatever light clothes and just slip it on over anything. And you can move through brush with it real easy as it's not a ghillie with a bunch of strings that get caught on everything.

My friend just started a company called Eidolon Tactical. He is now the North American distributor for Ghost Hood. When he saw the stuff, or didn't see as the case may be, in the woods it just had to happen.

This is not just a shameless plug for my friends company. I flat love this. Disappear in the woods and fits in a cargo pocket. And its printed with IRR colors too.

Anyway, first rate camo pattern for all you camo junkies out there. Here is the website. You should check it out. I have the brown and green. Just damn good stuff.

View attachment 5700257

I don't see anything :noidea:
Just kidding that's a good looking piece of kit.

Yep, the color blind animals totally give a crap

That's why I like 3d camo. It obscures shapes that critters can recognize. And animals aren't exactly colorblind. From what I read they see more in something like a gray scale. So, while they can't see green, it's a different shade of grey than a lighter color. So the pattern combined with 3d texture obscuring shape has merit. I haven't looked through an animals eyes or anything. But that's what I get from the UGA research I read. And with the IRR colors you get tacticool boog points. Not sure if animals see in the IR spectrum. The ghosthood does double as a veil for shooting prone. Has a see through net portion at the right spot for your optic if you are prone and lay it over your rifle.

Edit...good article on what deer can see and how they might see it....

Back
Top Bottom