• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Calling all traditional archers!

Tonyf6188

Default rank <2000 posts Lifetime Supporter
ODT Junkie!
19   0
Reaction score
Do any of you know how or if it is possible to correct a twisted limb?

I've got a friend with an older Bear that has a slight twist in the top limb. I was told by
a couple of other guys that it should be able to be fixed?????

Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Thanks for the link. This is same basic thing I have read before. We both tried that and did not work.
It was probably the way we did it. We will try and again this weekend.

Thanks again for the link.

I appreciate it, I just e-mailed him to ask. I also invited him to stop by and check out the forum!

He's got some good looking bows. Do you own one?

I do not own one of his bows, although i would like to. I shoot a compound (and not real good) definitely would be terrible with a longbow or recurve.
He host a tournament twice a year and invites the compounds to participate. He and his wife are really nice people, anyone that shoots a bow needs to attend one of their shoots.

It sure sounds like alot of fun. I am not very good with any kind of traditional equipment. I have owned 20 or so
different bows over the years and I end up giving them away because it is not something I am good at. It doesn't
help all the guys around me shoot compounds so I can only take so much before I get mine out.

After some advice from a few other people and places, I tried with good success a method of heating and clamping that
was fairly easy. It seemed to remove most of the twist so he should be good to go. Thanks for the help.

Back
Top Bottom