• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Buyer welches based on text messages

I assume that if someone welches on a deal when the meet was arranged via text messages that the negative feedback will not stick.
It was a new user with no feedback.
Am I correct about the texts being worthless for proof of a Welch, even if I can show proof of the texts?

That is correct.

We will NOT accept texts, emails, voicemails, snapchats, instagram posts, tweets, police body cam footage, etc. as proof of anything...
https://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/help/rules/

When I sell something I try to hold off on sending my contact for text until the deal is set via Pm.

Now some of y’all old timers got my number and I don’t mind dealing via text but for one I’ve never met, yeah it’s gonna be the whole deal in PM before I even consider leaving the house

Couldn’t help it.
F2771377-113E-4FAE-8564-8AB21D5AF1F9.gif

I assume that if someone welches on a deal when the meet was arranged via text messages that the negative feedback will not stick.
It was a new user with no feedback.
Am I correct about the texts being worthless for proof of a Welch, even if I can show proof of the texts?
C’mon OG, you know better than that.

But can you please PM me the fellas name so’s I can ignore his ass?

It is no big deal to me if someone backs out of a deal if I haven’t gone out of my way to meet them.
I could use the tactic I see a few other guys use and refuse to trade with people who have less than 10 positive feedback.
I like to give people a chance. I just make them meet when it is convenient for me. If they do not show, no loss for me.
I have met several very good people who were new and had no feedback.
I have also had some good trades with people with bad feedback.
There is one user who I had a couple of good trades with and he has multiple bad feedback.

Like people in every group in the world, you really do not know what type of person you will meet.

When you say "welches" on a deal, do you mean they just didn't show up to a meet arranged via text messages or showed up but then didn't buy/sell the item?

Yep, the NEWBIE WINS, my one and only Negative happened the same way, he texted me two different times saying he could meet. I went, he never showed, I left him a NEGATIVE, MOD wouldn't accept or look at the text messages. So I got a NEGATIVE

Back
Top Bottom