• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Buy at Suppressor before I turn 21

bls555

Default rank <5 posts
New to The Trader!
0   0
Reaction score
So I’m trying to buy a suppressor for my savage arms a22 .I want my plinker to be quiet enough not to piss off neighbors at a friends property I have access too. Now, here is the tricky part I’m 19. As you all should know it is a class 3/nfa item and you need to be 21 to purchase that from your licensed dealer, but I read that you can fill out an atf form 4 to buy one from an individual at age 18. The fine print also read that it may vary by state law so that’s what I’m here to ask

Pretty sure that whole idea is a non-starter. Somewhere along the line you will run into a '21' requirement.

Best bet would be to have someone over 21 buy it and have it in a trust. Then they can probably add you to their trust perfectly legally.

At the very least the trust attorney could give you real legal advice rather than relying on Internet lore.

This.

Pretty sure that whole idea is a non-starter. Somewhere along the line you will run into a '21' requirement.

Best bet would be to have someone over 21 buy it and have it in a trust. Then they can probably add you to their trust perfectly legally.

At the very least the trust attorney could give you real legal advice rather than relying on Internet lore.

BATFE? ANTIFA? FBI?

I'm sure there's probably people in all 3 :very_drunk:

Probably just responding to this thread puts you on a list, LOL.
I’m already on the list…

so AFAIK you can be on a trust with one since it’s considered a firearm, not a pistol. Not sure if you can buy one at a dealer but you should be able to form 1 a DIY.
Sub 22 is fantastic as a base for a form 1. Get in the NFA game ASAP. I wish I did when I was your age.
If you’re in Marietta I’ll pay for you to shoot my 22 can, 45 can, sbr, SBS, etc. I have everything but a MG. Old guys like me got young guys into it when I was young and I’ll extend the same lffer

Back
Top Bottom