Bushmaster Carbon AR 15 Buffer Retaining Pin malfunction

It would have to be rotated a full turn to back out. It was either improperly installed or the lower is out of spec. Neither would surprise me.

ya, it would be kind of hard to notice your stock just pulled a 360 while firing lol. im voting improper install, the tube is nowhere near close enough to the pin for a solid hold. looks like it was just barely there (just the tip) and finally gave way while shooting.

ya, it would be kind of hard to notice your stock just pulled a 360 while firing lol. im voting improper install, the tube is nowhere near close enough to the pin for a solid hold. looks like it was just barely there (just the tip) and finally gave way while shooting.

Yeah, the question is, if you turned it another rotation, would it stick out beyond the threaded portion of the lower or bind on the buffer retainer pin.

I'm waiting on a new detent and spring. I'll let you know if it works. I've loosened the castle nut and rotated the stock and it looks like it was just improperly installed.

I'm waiting on a new detent and spring. I'll let you know if it works. I've loosened the castle nut and rotated the stock and it looks like it was just improperly installed.

We've seen that a lot in the past few months, even on the high priced guns. Even started seeing bolts that won't lock back because of an incorrect buffer installation. Seems everyone might be trying to make them a little too fast.

We've seen that a lot in the past few months, even on the high priced guns. Even started seeing bolts that won't lock back because of an incorrect buffer installation. Seems everyone might be trying to make them a little too fast.

I recently saw a lower where the hole for the buffer retainer was drilled too shallow and prevented proper assembly.

It appears that somebody decided to install the buffer tube before the lower parts kit to save time or whatever. Any good AR assembly person knows that the buffer retainer pin and spring needs to be put in prior to the buffer tube. The buffer tube needs to be screwed in enough to hold down the buffer retainer pin but not so far that it binds on it. Then tighten the castle nut.

Back
Top Bottom