Bushmaster Carbon AR 15 Buffer Retaining Pin malfunction

bigb360

Default rank <15 posts
Outdoorsman
0   0
Reaction score
Hi there. I found this forum on Google after searching a little bit and thought maybe I could find some help for this issue. I was firing the gun yesterday and suddenly it stopped firing. I opened it up and found the buffer popping out of the tube and the retaining pin and spring (which got mangled) in the trigger assembly. I'm not quite sure what happened and can't tell if the buffer tube backed out a little bit or what. I assume backing the buffer tube off a bit and installing a new pin and spring should be all that I need to do, but I wanted to check and see if there are any other underlying problems I should be looking for.

Thanks!

Hi there. I found this forum on Google after searching a little bit and thought maybe I could find some help for this issue. I was firing the gun yesterday and suddenly it stopped firing. I opened it up and found the buffer popping out of the tube and the retaining pin and spring (which got mangled) in the trigger assembly. I'm not quite sure what happened and can't tell if the buffer tube backed out a little bit or what. I assume backing the buffer tube off a bit and installing a new pin and spring should be all that I need to do, but I wanted to check and see if there are any other underlying problems I should be looking for.

Thanks!

Was the buffer tube loose at all?

Thanks!

Pictures

Here's a picture:

20130718_173426.jpg

Same here, the tube should be covering some of the hole in the pic.

looks like the buffer tube backed out to me.

It would have to be rotated a full turn to back out. It was either improperly installed or the lower is out of spec. Neither would surprise me.

Looking at the picture, I'm not sure that the tube could be turned into the lower another rotation without protruding into the area where the upper fits. Hard to tell from the angle.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom