• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

bullet hits my tree

Ok kilo. I see what your saying on how the stands are setup which I'd love that setup to take my younger cousins. But public land hunting its not possible. there's been times I haven't wore me harness in my younger days growing up. But there's not a single time now I go up a tree without one. Due to a near accident of the foot piece going to the bottom of the tree and me stuck up in a tree.

These pictures are from a surgery 7hrs for a total ankle replacement we did recently on a guy. I got permission from the guy after the surgery to share these whenever possible and he told me the fall story
Basically one morning no harness and foot slipped going up ladderstand and about 15 feet down on the leg. Luckily this is all that happened.
img.photobucket.com_albums_v716_cwhotrod311_20130924_094811.jpg

img.photobucket.com_albums_v716_cwhotrod311_20130924_094845.jpg

First off, I'm hunting with kids so we do not use climbers. Before kids I would keep the top and bottom tied together. As for slipping going up or down a ladder while hunting, sure you can fall at any time and die. What do you think the odds are that you'll be in a auto accident on the way to hunt compared to falling off of a ladder, how about the 4 wheeler ride to the stand?

Life is calculated risks and you can be killed many times over throughout your day. If climbing a ladder is the most dangerous thing I do with my kids........well as I said before I'm OK with that.

As for you're story of a guy falling off a ladder stand, sure thing, hunting can be dangerous and you should be careful, kinda the point of this thread from the beginning......remember that........the beginning of the post?

As a life long hunter that was taken to the woods as early as 5years old, before fall restraints and seat belts when dad built hand rails around the stands, I know of and have heard of many, many stories of hunters falling out of trees one way or another. Some were being what I consider stupid and some were being as safe as possible. Fact is, climbing a tree has it's dangers same as driving, swimming, hiking, biking and knocking the water out of a creek with the 4 wheeler when not hunting or shooting at the range, but I still enjoy doing each with my kids.

I take every precaution I can with my kids, but I'm not going to shelter them to the point that life is no fun. Thanks for your concern anyway though.

Anyone drive a car? How dangerous is that? Bullet hit the tree,what does it matter what came first the chicken or the egg?

Ok kilo. I see what your saying on how the stands are setup which I'd love that setup to take my younger cousins. But public land hunting its not possible. there's been times I haven't wore me harness in my younger days growing up. But there's not a single time now I go up a tree without one. Due to a near accident of the foot piece going to the bottom of the tree and me stuck up in a tree.

These pictures are from a surgery 7hrs for a total ankle replacement we did recently on a guy. I got permission from the guy after the surgery to share these whenever possible and he told me the fall story
Basically one morning no harness and foot slipped going up ladderstand and about 15 feet down on the leg. Luckily this is all that happened.
img.photobucket.com_albums_v716_cwhotrod311_20130924_094811.jpg

img.photobucket.com_albums_v716_cwhotrod311_20130924_094845.jpg

Why is there a dildo in that guy's ankle?

the troll card often played when you have nothing else...

I have been hunting for far more years then you and have seen and heard of folks falling out every imaginable type of stand, arm rests shooting rails and a strap around your waist is simply not enough for a child.. I have raised 3 hunters myself two in college now...

If I had got to woods and not had one of my boys harness's we would have sat on the ground or went back to camp...

I would love to let this one go but as long as you make personal attacks and call names I will keep responding...

btw you did not say linemans harness in your first post

" I then took the strap that I had in my pack and locked him in like a seat belt"

If you've been hunting so long and raised so many kids, why don't you tell us how you kept your kids in a tree. Let us all know how to do it.

Back
Top Bottom