• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Building a PPS-43

the_brownieone

Default rank <200 posts Supporter
Tracker
23   0
Reaction score
Hi y'all,

Anyone here built a PPS-43? I have some question on what length barrel you went with? I was thinking about running a 12" barrel and putting my 9mm can on it, but was curious to know about how it would function. Also has anyone run 9mm subs thru theirs?

Thank you in advance!

If you don't mind keep me updated. Ive bought the original size in the original calibre. It's all I could get in x.25.

I've noticed on one of my kits that the pin in the back of the upper is bent. Let me know if you find any good guides. There's basically only 2 on YouTube I've found so far and their kinda disjointed.

If you don't mind keep me updated. Ive bought the original size in the original calibre. It's all I could get in x.25.

I've noticed on one of my kits that the pin in the back of the upper is bent. Let me know if you find any good guides. There's basically only 2 on YouTube I've found so far and their kinda disjointed.
Which pin are you referring to? The pin that holds the top cover on or pin for the folding stock?

Which pin are you referring to? The pin that holds the top cover on or pin for the folding stock?
It's been a while since I looked at it. I think the one for the stock area? It's a larger diameter, I remember that. I'll have to check. I'm sure I could make something work, just a bit annoying.
Site is kind of hard to navigate, but Weapons Guild is gonna be your best bet. Tons of people on there that have built one or are in the process. Very helpful Weapons Guild - PPS-43
Will def check it out.

Hood886 Hood886 has built a few, but yea weaponsguild is your one stop shop for been there done that build advice. It’s a straight blowback system so your can will only enhance back pressure…with the stock functional they’re very fun to use

The back pin was bent on the pioneer arms ones to further keep them from being SBRd mine was the same way you also have to enlarge the hole in the receiver to allow the button to depress as they did this as a second measure you will then need a spring to make it functional all after filing your form 1 or attaching a 16” barre

I've built a few, feel free to ask questions. I don't remember the specific length to the ones I've done with no muzzle device as it varies depending on who did the reweld and how accurate it is to the true length. Most of the time I could cut and thread it specific to that gun only.

Back
Top Bottom