• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bucks are running hard this morning.

Shot a buck, he jumped and ran 15 yards, thought he was going to pile up right there but He stood there for 10 minutes. I waited another 15 minutes and he was 50 yards up the hill so I pushed him across the property but he was real hurt. I’m gonna have to back out and wait a while. I couldn’t take another shot because I set my bow down at the tree stand like an idiot. I’m pissed. I made a great shot at 23 yards but hopefully he will pile up soon. I really hope I don’t lose track of him. I have no idea how big his racks is because I took a shot pretty quickly. He was a big bodied deer though to say the least.
Good luck with it.

About to hang my set at the wma for my quota hunt that starts tomorrow then I'm heading to my hunting club for the evening hunt. A friend hunts right by the wma I'm hunting this week and said he saw a big buck pushing a doe around Monday. The spot I'm gonna be sitting on first still has acorns dropping so maybe I'll see one coming through to find a doe having a meal.

2589.jpeg

Shot a buck, he jumped and ran 15 yards, thought he was going to pile up right there but He stood there for 10 minutes. I waited another 15 minutes and he was 50 yards up the hill so I pushed him across the property but he was real hurt. I’m gonna have to back out and wait a while. I couldn’t take another shot because I set my bow down at the tree stand like an idiot. I’m pissed. I made a great shot at 23 yards but hopefully he will pile up soon. I really hope I don’t lose track of him. I have no idea how big his racks is because I took a shot pretty quickly. He was a big bodied deer though to say the least.
Sounds like liver. I'd hit pick up where you left off about 3 or 4 pm. A buddy of mine knows someone with a good dog in the Cherokee County area if you're in the area your profile says.

Sounds like liver. I'd hit pick up where you left off about 3 or 4 pm. A buddy of mine knows someone with a good dog in the Cherokee County area if you're in the area your profile says.
I’m gonna try around 3 and if I don’t find him I will let you know. I’m pissed. I know he’s got a big hole in him because I seen it when he turned as he stopped and was about to fall over. These deer are tough man.

I’m gonna try around 3 and if I don’t find him I will let you know. I’m pissed. I know he’s got a big hole in him because I seen it when he turned as he stopped and was about to fall over. These deer are tough man.
OK, send me a pm if you decide you need a dog and I'll try to get you in touch with the lady who has the dog. From my understanding they have a high success rate of locating them.

How goes it?

Back
Top Bottom