Browning Superposed O/U HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyle Klinger

Default rank <200 posts
Hunter
9   0
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me more about this shotgun. It’s a Browning Superposed O/U. It was made in Belgium I’m not sure what year. It’s in mint condition. Chambered in 12ga. Looking for a value

Based on the engraving and the finish of the stock this appears to be a grade 1.
Check the online auction sites for models with the same type of engraving and stock.

Here is the link to look up the date of manufacture based on the serial number:

If it was manufactured between 1966 and 1972 then it will need to be carefully inspected for the presence of salt wood in the stock and forearm.

Look for these marking on the left side of the barrels barrels near the chamber to determine how it is choked:

* = full choke
*_ = improved modified
** = modified
**_ = improved cylinder
**$ = skeet
*** = cylinder

Condition, grade, year, and choke will determine the price range.

No idea on the money it's worth but I CAN tell you they are great shotguns. They look a whole lot like the Winchester 101.

Based on the engraving and the finish of the stock this appears to be a grade 1.
Check the online auction sites for models with the same type of engraving and stock.

Here is the link to look up the date of manufacture based on the serial number:

If it was manufactured between 1966 and 1972 then it will need to be carefully inspected for the presence of salt wood in the stock and forearm.

Look for these marking on the left side of the barrels barrels near the chamber to determine how it is choked:

* = full choke
*_ = improved modified
** = modified
**_ = improved cylinder
**$ = skeet
*** = cylinder

Condition, grade, year, and choke will determine the price range.
So I found out it is a 1972 with a full choke on top and improved modified on the bottom. Who do I have inspected it for salt wood? What is salt wood and is it good or bad to have it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom