• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Browning Hipower Information

68chrisshark

Default rank <1000 posts Supporter
Frontiersman
75   0
Reaction score
I am looking for any information regarding this Hipower I picked up in Arizona recently. It is nickel plated and I think it was made in the 1950's?
I did put new grips on it. It is in excellent condition....what do you think it is worth?
IMG_0092[1].JPG
IMG_0094[1].JPG
IMG_0093[1].JPG
IMG_0095[1].JPG

Pretty! I think '50s production is right on account of the lettering, "thumb groove" on the slide, and internal extractor. The sights look like they have been changed, which probably makes them better but hurts collectability. Not sure if the nickel finish is original because the safety and slide stop are not nickel, or maybe they were changed. Is there damage to the finish on the grip?

Original, pristine, older nickel Hi Powers sell for $1500-2000 on GunBroker. I'd value yours at around half that.

I have an older Browning Hi Point I picked up years ago. Factory nickel with some unique original grips. Took it to my buddies place in Sutches to shoot in the back yard. I shoot Glock 19, Colt 45 ACP 1911's, and Colt 45 along with others. Never had a firearm feel so "natural" in my hand. Accurate as a hell too. I will never let that one go.

Attachments

• IMG_3589.jpeg
    IMG_3589.jpeg
    106.9 KB · Views: 9
I have an older Browning Hi Point I picked up years ago. Factory nickel with some unique original grips. Took it to my buddies place in Sutches to shoot in the back yard. I shoot Glock 19, Colt 45 ACP 1911's, and Colt 45 along with others. Never had a firearm feel so "natural" in my hand. Accurate as a hell too. I will never let that one go.

If you ever get the chance to shoot one, try a mag or two of ammo through a Browning BDM. It's a shame this gun never became popular because it's cool as hell and everyone I know who likes the feel of an Hi Power LOVES the feel of a BDM.

Attachments

• 1696253577918.png
    1696253577918.png
    687.4 KB · Views: 9
If you ever get the chance to shoot one, try a mag or two of ammo through a Browning BDM. It's a shame this gun never became popular because it's cool as hell and everyone I know who likes the feel of an Hi Power LOVES the feel of a BDM.

proxy-image
I had a BDM and sold it years ago...a need to get another.

Back
Top Bottom