Brown Bear subsonic 7.62x39mm now available

The ones in the neck/head area were deliberate shots. All of that was easily at least 3 mags worth. So yeah, after the barrel got really warm there were flyers. That being said I shot the rifle, I have witnesses who were also impressed, I know what MOA is, and there was enough "shooter error" in some of those 100 or so shots.
So it's not an MOA rifle, then. :thumb:

It is more than accurate enough to get the job done. It's not a precision rifle but is more than adequate out to 300m to ring 10" steel plates consistently.
This I believe...and there's nothing wrong with that. I own several rifles that are 2, 3, even 4 MOA and perfectly acceptable for their intended purpose. Just call it what it is and don't conflate the idea that accuracy equals good all the time.

The ones in the neck/head area were deliberate shots. All of that was easily at least 3 mags worth. So yeah, after the barrel got really warm there were flyers. That being said I shot the rifle, I have witnesses who were also impressed, I know what MOA is, and there was enough "shooter error" in some of those 100 or so shots.

It is more than accurate enough to get the job done. It's not a precision rifle but is more than adequate out to 300m to ring 10" steel plates consistently.
Still not a minute. If you are happy with it, great, but don't run around spewing terrible info

This I believe...and there's nothing wrong with that. I own several rifles that 2, 3, even 4 MOA and perfectly acceptable for their intended purpose. Just call it what it is and don't conflate the idea that accuracy equals good all the time.
Beat me to it

Still not a minute. If you are happy with it, great, but don't run around spewing terrible info

This I believe...and there's nothing wrong with that. I own several rifles that are 2, 3, even 4 MOA and perfectly acceptable for their intended purpose. Just call it what it is and don't conflate the idea that accuracy equals good all the time.
Fair enough. I didn't mean to imply accuracy = good.

Was more trying to convey how impressed I was with a AR hybrid platform shooting steel cased x39 ammo that was probably still more accurate than the shooter. All for less than $1000 all in including glass/mount/trigger (G2S).

And as I scrolled back through my photos it was Wolf, not Tula. ;)

I’ve got an SBS SIG 556xi Russian that I run my Silencerco Omega on sometimes. The SIG has an adjustable gas system. Gonna have to try some of these.

Interesting idea...but the allure of 300BLK has never been the cost. It's about the modularity and interchangeability of parts...most notably, the magazine similarity which an X39 AR will never have.

No but it would give shooters another option, with lower range time costs.

Back
Top Bottom