• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Broken Safe

If the handle is just spinning , then it may just be stripped and not moving the mechanism. IDK what kind/type it is but would it be possible to drill into the side of the handle and insert a strong screw/nail/etc into it to catch the mechanism and turn it ??
Sounds to me like the handle has just stripped and not grabbing the mechanism…. AS STATED - IDK , can’t see it and don’t know what you are dealing with….just an idea. 🤷‍♂️
GOOD LUCK !

Reactions: MRM
On the bigger safes, there are spring loaded locking bolts attached to a sheet of glass. Any attempt to forcibly enter, will shatter the glass, making it even more difficult to get the door open.

On waaaaaaaayyyyyyyy better safes, there are spring loaded locking bolts attached to a sheet of glass. Any attempt to forcibly enter, will shatter the glass, making it even more difficult to get the door open.
FTFY

and when I say “waaaaaaaayyyyyyyy better” I mean super high end…. Like the $8,000 safe in my house doesn’t have glass. (It’s more of a jewelry rated safe thing.)

churchkeys.jpg

One of these will open it.

FTFY

and when I say “waaaaaaaayyyyyyyy better” I mean super high end…. Like the $8,000 safe in my house doesn’t have glass. (It’s more of a jewelry rated safe thing.)
I had been the bailee on premises for the bank inside a jewelry manufacturing facility. 200+ kilos of 24k gold equivalent on loan.

The owners had one key, and I kept the other. Both keys were required to open the safe. The buildings freight elevator was above maximum capacity when we moved it. They brought in a couple of steel plates that extended a couple feet outside the footprint of the safe to set it on, because the weight exceeded the recommended capacity of the concrete floor.

Actually I used the metal saw on the top left front. Went front to back about 2” each.

Then on the left already cut, from the top left side about 3/4 way down. Then again went from that point to the front.

I used a pry bar and a hammer to to separate it from the door just enough to clear the crossing pillars. It took a bit but as you see, it cleared enough to open the door.

Actually I used the metal saw on the top left front. Went front to back about 2” each.

Then on the left already cut, from the top left side about 3/4 way down. Then again went from that point to the front.

I used a pry bar and a hammer to to separate it from the door just enough to clear the crossing pillars. It took a bit but as you see, it cleared enough to open the door.
You did a great job!
Now contact SafeCracka SafeCracka and get a better and newer safe!!

Back
Top Bottom