• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Broken Firing Pin S&W 22A-1

Mountain Storm

Default rank <50 posts
Outdoorsman
0   0
Reaction score
Hey guys. Firing pin broke on the 22A-1 today and I was wondering whether to repair it myself or send it to Smith under warranty...there are a couple of other wear-related issues that are causing FTE and other malfunctions. Made a short video on it.
[video=youtube_share;jT2HKoEieSE]http://youtu.be/jT2HKoEieSE[/video]

So what do you guys recommend? I found the the parts on Numrich...firing pin and extractor are $8.50 each. Maybe I should give Smith a call?

Thanks in advance.

I would call S&W first. They will send you a label to use and ship it to them. DETAIL ALL the problems you are experiencing. While you may have the ability to repair it yourself, and while this repair is not that expensive, I would still send it to S&W. I have heard some say that the customer service department at S&W is lacking, but I have never had an issue with them and they have been very helpful and reponsive to problems. Just my opinion.

I would call S&W first. They will send you a label to use and ship it to them. DETAIL ALL the problems you are experiencing. While you may have the ability to repair it yourself, and while this repair is not that expensive, I would still send it to S&W. I have heard some say that the customer service department at S&W is lacking, but I have never had an issue with them and they have been very helpful and reponsive to problems. Just my opinion.
Thanks for the advice.

Back
Top Bottom