• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Broadheads!!! whats your thoughts

cavscout_1stcav

Default rank <15 posts
Outdoorsman
0   0
Reaction score
Ok men and women, what broadhead did you use this year? Give me your reviews.....how did they fly, was there any adjustments or tweeks your could pass on that would help.....any pics you have would be awesome and/or stories. ALSO will you be useing them again? and do you recomend them to others.

Being from Wisconsin originally and only having 9 days of a rifle season, I can assure you I know bows and broadheads. When meat needs to be in the freezer, we always relied on the age old classic bow and arrow. I have tested every "new age" and "old age" arrow tip known to man but I tell you what, nothing flies more true then the Muzzy heads. Flies as straight as a target tip and I have always had a pass through on every shot. I shoot 78lbs. now with no issue with the 125gr. Muzzy. No, I am not one of there employees....lol

I shooting rage 2blade. Never had a shot that the arrow wasnt on/in the ground on the other side. Tagged out antlered and antlerless before november 1st this past season with only the bow, so they have worked well for me.

In my experience the broadhead really does not matter as long as it does not throw off the balance of your arrow. A good shot with any broadhead is going to put the animal on the ground. Over the years i have bought and used many different kinds of broadheads, the conclusion i have come to is there is no need to spend a fortune on them, as long as your shot is where it is supposed to be you'll be in good shape.

Same as always. NAP Thunderhead. It has always worked for me so I see no reason to change.

I started out with Muzzy and their great, but I've been using NAP Thunderheads for several years now and really like them. 3 blade 85 grain gives me enough speed on my Hoyt and does a great job putting down deer quick. Lots a good options out there.

I used 2 blade Rage's last year and love them! They truly fly like a field tip. Leaves a blood trail even a blind man can follow. Using a PSE X-force SS 70lbs.

Razor Tricks.....havent actually killed anything with them but it is basically an upgraded slick trick which always fly true for me. I shoot a destroyer 340 on 70 pounds and never had a problem

Back
Top Bottom