Broadhead recommendation

awoods

Default rank <2500 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
79   0
Reaction score
just bought my first crossbow - Barnett brotherhood. I need a broadhead recomendation and grain size. Here are the crossbow specs: 350 fps, 20 in bolts, 400 gr bolts. What is everyone using and recommend / what is the most accurate/consistant? I am partial to the fixed blade, have head that with the mechanical, sometimes all blades don't open. All feedback welcome!

I am in for any suggestions as well. This is my first foray into the world of archery. Currently I have Swackers but am not so trusting of mechanicals as the possibility of failure is there. A friend in Texas swears by Wac'em but I need more input.

look at slick trick, i've been using them for years and never once had an issue. they fly as true as a field point

I use Muzzy Trocar CrossBow 100 Grain 3 Blade. They fly true & fast, plus they will not break the bank.
http://muzzy.mybigcommerce.com/trocar-broadheads/

look at slick trick, i've been using them for years and never once had an issue. they fly as true as a field point

Those are two of the best broadheads out there. If you put either one of those in the boiler room the deer will die. I've used Rage heads on a crossbow and it did just fine. Was it really necessary, probably not. I shoot 1980's Satellite Aero 4 blade broadheads that weigh 145 grains on my 55# recurve and got a pass through wih those.

I got the Wac'ems on and have compared the way they fly to Swhackers and field points. They are on par with both. Know matter what I read, I just could not help but worry about mechanicals failing to open. I am sure they do 99.9% of the time, just me I guess. Thumbs up to the sharpness of the Wac'ems, replaceable blades and how they fly. Not really a thumbs down, but some of the blades were a pain to get in place just so.

I know a LOT of people like mechanical broadheads, but imo that's just adding one more thing that could fail & I've heard tons of horror stories because of them. I've ALWAYS had luck with Montec G5 fixed.

Back
Top Bottom