• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Braces? Where does this stand right now?

Porter Rockwell

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
93   0
Reaction score
So I know everyone already removed and destroyed their braces or lost them in that boat accident? But where do we stand now with regard to braces?

If someone uses a shirt barreled AR at a gun range with a brace attached or they at risk for legal action by the ATF or local authorities? If you buy or sell a firearm with a brace attached are you jeopardy?

I know you don’t have any anymore, but if ya did are you using it? Is it still attached?

At this time, a “brace” is considered the same thing as a stock.

If you have an AR with a barrel length of less than 16”, and want to install a stock on it, you have to Form 1 it as an SBR prior to installation in order to be legal.

If your barrel is 16” or longer, you can install a stock on it without any extra steps, paperwork, tax stamps, etc.

At this time, a “brace” is considered the same thing as a stock.

If you have an AR with a barrel length of less than 16”, and want to install a stock on it, you have to Form 1 it as an SBR prior to installation in order to be legal.

If your barrel is 16” or longer, you can install a stock on it without any extra steps, paperwork, tax stamps, etc.

Correct.

If you were a member of the FPC or GOA before they filed the injunction against the brace ban; you are technically legal. However the injunction is temporary and it's likely braces will become fully illegal across the board for everyone again.

I am not a lawyer. This is not legal advice. Please consult your real lawyer.

Correct.

If you were a member of the FPC or GOA before they filed the injunction against the brace ban; you are technically legal. However the injunction is temporary and it's likely braces will become fully illegal across the board for everyone again.

I am not a lawyer. This is not legal advice. Please consult your real lawyer.

Just slap a real stock on it, dont post it on the internet, and let it ride. Theres only 2500 agents and like 16 million brace owners.

Just slap a real stock on it, dont post it on the internet, and let it ride. Theres only 2500 agents and like 16 million brace owners.
The number disparity is worthless when you factor that 97% of that big number wont actually do anything tangible vs the 2500 who are all willing to escalate all the way.

The number disparity is worthless when you factor that 97% of that big number wont actually do anything tangible vs the 2500 who are all willing to escalate all the way.

Sadly, you’re correct.

“Who needs a brace anyway. We all know it was a work around…derp…derpy…derp.”

Back
Top Bottom