• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Bought the wrong bike... Give me some advice on a new one.

VT600 VT750 VT1100 The Honda Shadow line has a trim for everyone. Different fender styles, different wheel styles, different colors and all very easy to get the hang of.

yup1800 is a big heavy bike, not for a new rider. There are a ton of smaller bikes available in that price range, Im assuming you want a cruiser rather than a crotch rocket? The vstar 650's would probably be a good choice as they aren't that old for that price.

Dirt cheap, slow, reliable, and pretty light.

My suggestions.

If your going cruiser suzuki s40. 650. Very light and nimble.

If willing to go more sportbike all around bike you cannot beat a kawasaki ninja 250. Great bike and really easy to resale if you upgrade later.

What ever you do please buy good gear. Good gear makes a big difference. You do not dress for the ride you dress for the crash. I have been riding 46 years and crashing for 46 years. Believe me I know what I am talking about.

What ever you do please buy good gear. Good gear makes a big difference. You do not dress for the ride you dress for the crash. I have been riding 46 years and crashing for 46 years. Believe me I know what I am talking about.

And this. I've seen gear save a few guys a lot of pain and suffering.

My suggestions.

If your going cruiser suzuki s40. 650. Very light and nimble.

If willing to go more sportbike all around bike you cannot beat a kawasaki ninja 250. Great bike and really easy to resale if you upgrade later.

And this. I've seen gear save a few guys a lot of pain and suffering.

I had a couple of friends in my ears and very loud about ATGATT... I had my jacket, gloves, boots, and helmet before I even took my MSF... lol. And now I have pants too... I just need my effing bike ;) hahaha

...My wife had a Honda Shadow, which was a great bike her's was a 500 or 650 power was a little lacking but a great cruiser. I'm sure you could find a good one for under $3500.

I've got an '03 Honda Shadow 600. It's a great bike I bought for an ex but just not quite big enough for me (I ride a CB919 Hornet most days), although it's awesome to just scoot around town on. If you're interested you can test drive it and see if it's something closer to what you're looking for.

Looks about like this except I have saddle bags and a windscreen on mine:

Attachments

• Shadow_600[1].jpg
    Shadow_600[1].jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 17
Back
Top Bottom