• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Bought a Ruger MKll today

anyone used the Majestic Arms kit that makes the take down much more simple? I think Ruger copied their designs with the Mark IV...

https://majesticarms.com/product-category/speedstripkits/

I have two mark II's and keep thinking I need this in my life and it's only $50. Then I look at the match grade, then the Master Grade and then for 2 pistols and it goes from $50 to $280. Mission Creep like everything else in my life..

anyone used the Majestic Arms kit that makes the take down much more simple? I think Ruger copied their designs with the Mark IV...

https://majesticarms.com/product-category/speedstripkits/

I have two mark II's and keep thinking I need this in my life and it's only $50. Then I look at the match grade, then the Master Grade and then for 2 pistols and it goes from $50 to $280. Mission Creep like everything else in my life..
They gots all kindsa goodies

I lucked into finding a used stainless version of yours in a shop many years ago for two fiddy. Only time I've stopped somewhere on a lark after lunch and ended up buying something.

That one has (IIRC) a Volquartsen sear and extractor, with a Clark trigger (that I had to fit slightly). It's a stupidly great trigger feel as a result. I'd highly recommend upgrading the trigger over the takedown kit, b/c you can learn how to disassemble, and honestly don't think you really *have* to do it that often.

F54432CB-35C4-4A2B-8BDF-9148F32D8536.jpeg
Love mine

I don't have any sentimental value attached to it. They just have a reputation for being solid .22LR pistols. The example I have seems to follow that trend. I don't think my uncle ever cleaned it and it ran through the 300 rounds I shot out of it like a f***'n boss. Color me impressed. I do see where the reputation of being hard to field strip comes from. I found it harder to get apart than I did putting it back together. Another reason why I don't think he ever cleaned it. Oh and maybe my American is showing but the heel magazine release is the worst thing since 12-hour shifts.

Back
Top Bottom