• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Booting inactive members

Status
Not open for further replies.
No Ken not a complaint about items not selling, more of an inquiry into what happened to this site. If we don’t police it, it’s gonna go down the drain. I buy plenty of things on this site and have made some good friends. But it ain’t what it used to be.
Ya know, I’ve been here since the very beginning. And I think this is a first.
I think most people would like to know when someone likes or is impressed with something they own. They also like to know when their item is getting views, some even argue that even snarky and negative comments should be allowed.
I’m at a loss as to why this even bothers you, you don’t get notifications when others comment in someones thread unless you subscribe to that thread. So unless your just looking for issues it’s an entire non issue, it takes .000 seconds to scroll on past the offending post.
I’ve commented “nice gun” an then PMed that member with an inquiry. I’ve also make some random appreciative comment to mark the thread for a closer look when I have time. You have no idea whats happening behind your level of access.

Also a slower site would likely cost more to participate in, as an active site is more attractive to advertisers, they look act activity, not random views.

This is not intended to be snarky(I often do with out meaning it) but rather to be informative.

Ya know, I’ve been here since the very beginning. And I think this is a first.
I think most people would like to know when someone likes or is impressed with something they own. They also like to know when their item is getting views, some even argue that even snarky and negative comments should be allowed.
I’m at a loss as to why this even bothers you, you don’t get notifications when others comment in someones thread unless you subscribe to that thread. So unless your just looking for issues it’s an entire non issue, it takes .000 seconds to scroll on past the offending post.
I’ve commented “nice gun” an then PMed that member with an inquiry. I’ve also make some random appreciative comment to mark the thread for a closer look when I have time. You have no idea whats happening behind your level of access.

Also a slower site would likely cost more to participate in, as an active site is more attractive to advertisers, they look act activity, not random views.

This is not intended to be snarky(I often do with out meaning it) but rather to be informative.
I advertise on this site and have had 1 inquiry. 1.
But if I was to trust the “report” I get sent than my ad is going gangbusters. Fewer members with money would be better than many members without. Just saying.

I advertise on this site and have had 1 inquiry. 1.
But if I was to trust the “report” I get sent than my ad is going gangbusters. Fewer members with money would be better than many members without. Just saying.
I would guess that you are either not targeting your prime audience, or you have pricing/demand issues. No way for me to tell, but hell nothing is moving right now. Even Amazon is shattering warehouses.

Here we have 115,310 potential visitors with 531 active right now.

I would guess that you are either not targeting your prime audience, or you have pricing/demand issues. No way for me to tell, but hell nothing is moving right now. Even Amazon is shattering warehouses.
Sales of just about everything are extremely slow right now. Deals abound.

Just another sign of the "Build back better" economic boom we are experiencing.

I say boot anyone with over 500 deals.
Then maybe we'd get a f'n life..... :behindsofa:

Oh nooooooo.........

mr bill.jpg

This is a smaller niche market, I’ve bought and sold some rather odd things comparatively. But that type of deal relays on luck, and just happened to find someone that needed something I had.

For instance I have zero luck in selling any kind of vehicle. Somethings just sell better in other places. Doesn’t stop me from listing here however.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom