• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

**bolt gun magazines**

Kaotiktribe

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
137   0
Reaction score
The 2 most common bolt gun magazines are the AI(Accuracy International) and the Accurate Mag for most detachable bolt gun magazines. Here i will review 1 of each 10rd .308 magazines.

Initial look shows both being almost identical except for the AI mag has a nicer smoother finish.

The back that meets the magazine catch/release is the same.

The bottoms: the left is the Accurate mag that came with my Ruger Gunsite Scout and the right is the AI mag.

Follower and interior setup is almost identical

Now i started measuring all dimensions. both mags were very close in almost all aspects except for the front of the mag with the AI being a bit larger.

The Accurate mag:

In colclusion the larger front of the AI mag made for a much tighter fit in my Seekins Precision lower. The mag does not drop free, but feels solid and feeds reliably(no wobble). The Accurate Mag has a wobble which has been reported by users of the Ruger GSR, but results in no feeding issues that ive experienced. Both mags will be interchangeable and feed/cycle correctly. Now another difference is the price. AI mags are about $15 or so more expensive. Anyone in the market for these mags let me know if you'd like additional measurement.

After selling a LOT of AI mags, rifles and chassis; the AI mags are really worth the extra few bucks in the long run if you shoot a good bit.

http://www.alphaindmfg.com./store/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=50

These have the same capacity with a shorter mag. The type 1's are the only good ones and the feed lips must be tuned to your gun.i run these in my precision rig and they run flawless.

The AW mag is king!!

but requires a custom action to feed from this mag system such as this one from defiance. This is IMHO the finest action ever devised
http://defiancemachine.com/deviant-action/

Looks like the defiance DBM takes AI and AW mags. If so than the Accurate mag would fit also. They looks nice, but man those things are as expensive as the Badger DBM.

Yea the tactical/precision rifle game will sure put ya in the poorhouse. I equate it to being a drug addict. But

The good stuff works well,breaks less and 99% of the time produces better results on target= smiley faces on the way home from match/range.i will be glad when my wife gets back to work (;

I would like to eventually rework both my match guns to AW/Deviant combo.

My favorite btm metal is hands dn surgeon. They can be modded for aw mags by a smith. No tab hangin to catch on anything. When you wanna drop mag, finger straight and punch tab and box drops. Its suuuuper quick setup. I will stay with surgeon btm metal.

My favorite btm metal is hands dn surgeon. They can be modded for aw mags by a smith. No tab hangin to catch on anything. When you wanna drop mag, finger straight and punch tab and box drops. Its suuuuper quick setup. I will stay with surgeon btm metal.

That how the Seekins Precision one is. No tab. Push button kinda like an AR.

Back
Top Bottom