• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Body Armor

Ive never personally used or handle any of their products but plate size seems odd. If you have never worn body armor before I would recommend going to a gunshow or a store that carries it and trying out different sizes and plate cut variations.

The brand I have used, sold, and tested in the past was Spartan.

I ended up buying Level 3 12x10 plates and a carrier. I put it on last night with a patterned shirt on over it and it actually didn't print too badly on the front. The top of the carriers printed more on the back. I can see that in the fall and winter I should be able to wear a shirt and sport coat over it and barely print. I'm glad I passed on that 9x9 bundle.

Verco Materials makes an excellent product. I have been their design facilities/factory engineer plumber and plumbing engineer since their inception. They make their product right here in Atlanta.

There are a lot of folks out there doing dangerous jobs who can't afford or don't think they need a "good" body armor system..... but they might be willing to pay 130 bucks for a carrier and a couple of plates to protect their chest and back.

I think more people should buy and use things like this.

But you are alive.....
bulletpaluza bulletpaluza I wasn't shot...

I was working out in armor to get used to it. 16 pounds of RMA plates. Blew out my low back, couldn't walk, missed work, 2 days in hospital, spinal injections, walked with a cane for 6 months, good times.

I made the pact to lose the weight that my armor weighed and get in better shape because of it. I'm currently down ~60 pounds, weigh less than I did in college, and bought lighter plates.

Back
Top Bottom