• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bluegill Feed for 5 Acre Pond

dr9

Default rank <200 posts
Hunter
1   0
Reaction score
For two seasons now I have used the Sportsman's Choice Trophy Fish Feed because:

A: It was locally available at Tractor Supply
B: 36% Protein
C: Affordable
D: Has small and large pellets
E: Has floating and sinking pellets

I can no longer find this feed available anywhere. It is still listed on the Tractor Supply website as a product, but none of the Tractor Supplies around me within 100 miles has it in stock and says it's not available to ship to store, when tells me they don't actually carry the product anymore but some IT guy forgot to take it out of their catalog. I searched and found another provider of this food, but they also don't have any available. Maybe they went out of business? But still being advertised?

Can anyone recommend a quality affordable bluegill food that is readily available? Mixed pellet sizes, floaters and sinkers, and affordable, and available?

Same thing happened to me. Now I buy Sportsman Choice Floating catfish food from Tractor Supply, and also a Cargill product that the local state trout hatchery feeds their trout. However, I have to drive up to NC to pick up the Cargill product.

But if you are feeding trout, now is the time to start slowing down to a point of stop feeding them when the water temps get up into the high 60's.

With a 5 acre pond, populated since the 60s, why would you need supplemental feeding? Wouldn’t you pond be stabilized after 60 years. I thought the purpose of the feeding would be would be For starting a pond before it’s develops it’s own sustainable ecosystem or for quicker growth of large predatory.
Unless you set up a feeding circle and like to watch them feed. Not questioning what your doing, thought about putting in a pond and have thought about how I would stock it and get it sustainable.

Back
Top Bottom