• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Blanks and other non lethal question

GAGunguy

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
260   1
Reaction score
If you shot golf balls out of a launcher in your yard, would it still be considered a discharge of a firearm if you were using blanks?

Same question for a shooting fireworks out of a flare launcher attached to a firearm.

If you shot golf balls out of a launcher in your yard, would it still be considered a discharge of a firearm if you were using blanks?

Same question for a shooting fireworks out of a flare launcher attached to a firearm.

I was looking up similar laws dealing with spud guns.

I think the golf ball launcher would be considered a discharge from a firearm. Flares are different. I'm not saying its legal, but different.

mel I believe your referring to the handgun part of that article.........if this is an AR with a barrel less than 18 inches it is also not a long gun which is address as firing a projectile fixed in a cartridge or shotshell............This needs to be consulted with others.

Although it is a firearm, it is also a rifle, according to the article (paraphrased law) a rifle is not addressed and does not fit any other catagory listed in the article. The firearms with 12-18 inch barrels and overall length greater than 26 inches fall into a specific legal catagory I believe. If along the lines of a long gun then no it is not discharging because you didnt fire a projectile fixed in a metallic cartridge or shotshell..........but long gun is the closest thing that fits if it is above bold item.

Feel free to correct me if im in error

mel I believe your referring to the handgun part of that article.........if this is an AR with a barrel less than 18 inches it is also not a long gun which is address as firing a projectile fixed in a cartridge or shotshell............This needs to be consulted with others.

Although it is a firearm, it is also a rifle, according to the article (paraphrased law) a rifle is not addressed and does not fit any other catagory listed in the article. The firearms with 12-18 inch barrels and overall length greater than 26 inches fall into a specific legal catagory I believe. If along the lines of a long gun then no it is not discharging because you didnt fire a projectile fixed in a metallic cartridge or shotshell..........but long gun is the closest thing that fits if it is above bold item.

Feel free to correct me if im in error

Not sure I want to have that discussion with a LEO in my yard after he shows up in response to me shooting golf balls out of my AR.

Most laws are worded as any projectile.

This. If it shoots a projectile then its illegal. Also they can get you for a noise violation even when your shooting blanks.

- - - Updated - - -

so, a Hilti gun shooting nails into studs would be?

could be seen as a noise ordnance

This. If it shoots a projectile then its illegal. Also they can get you for a noise violation even when your shooting blanks.

- - - Updated - - -

could be seen as a noise ordnance

this is your best bet......we can play semantics but interpretation of the law is not something you want to hang on.

Back
Top Bottom