Big V aint closing

Last time I was there a few weeks ago the service was so slow. Like 25 minute wait slow.

Used to be the folks behind the counter were hustling. Now they're just shuffling.

But boy howdy do I love their onion rings!

I remember that you posted a picture, and on the wall, a sign said "credit or debit card only" . I find that a bit troubling. I'm not a fan of the move to a cashless society.

I went to The Varsity in midtown about a month ago.

They don't take cash anymore; they've gone to plastic cards & app payments only.

The staff no longer yells "what'll you have, what'll ya have?"

And they do not offer curbside service; everybody has to park and come in.

I think they're going to close, or at least when they redevelop the property the new "Varsity" restaurant at that location will be a tiny little thing that is nothing like what it is now.
F12A8229-9134-47F0-9C4A-276F6F2A6292.jpeg

I remember that you posted a picture, and on the wall, a sign said "credit or debit card only" . I find that a bit troubling. I'm not a fan of the move to a cashless society.
I was a cash only guy for decades.
But since covid got most folks skeered to touch it, I’ve switched over. Got to admit it’s a lot quicker and more convenient than waiting for some moron to count out change. One monthly bill for everything, one check, done.

GT grad - had "two dogs all the way" almost every day for lunch for two years in the early 1980s- I have a very strong disposition. Over the years as I spoke to more recent GT students/grads - most have never eaten there. I take that as a sign of weakness for GT and evidence that it is no longer truly a Georgia school but an international school. When I ate there - it was bustling and hustling with a true cross section of Atlantans.

GT grad - had "two dogs all the way" almost every day for lunch for two years in the early 1980s- I have a very strong disposition. Over the years as I spoke to more recent GT students/grads - most have never eaten there. I take that as a sign of weakness for GT and evidence that it is no longer truly a Georgia school but an international school. When I ate there - it was bustling and hustling with a true cross section of Atlantans.
Most of the students from Georgia that apply at tech don’t get accepted . Because it a full of students from foreign countries .
Because the foreign students pay three or four times as much tuition .

So less Georgia students and more foreigners equals a lot lot lot more money to pay the college president his two million a year salary .

Back
Top Bottom