• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

BIG CHANGES! Combat Carbine & Lowlight Tactics, Nov 23, Jefferson GA

Getting close to the date and only as all handful of slots available.

This course won’t be offered again until the fall/winter of 2020.

Assistant Instructor is a former FAST Co Marine, Instructor for FATS, and longtime LEO.

Mega fun class! Lots of good stuff to think about, and a cool experience to refresh or learn new skills for those of us that don’t have land to shoot on in the dark. Heard a lot of people rethinking their equipment choices once the lowlight portion started. Also, the cold wind did a great job drying me off from all the rain :cool:

Mega fun class! Lots of good stuff to think about, and a cool experience to refresh or learn new skills for those of us that don’t have land to shoot on in the dark. Heard a lot of people rethinking their equipment choices once the lowlight portion started. Also, the cold wind did a great job drying me off from all the rain :cool:

I agree. Was actually cool to shoot in the main and have to perform tasks, reloads, tranisitons, and malfunctions. Really enjoy the class and learned some things I need to change on my gun and several things I need to spend time working on with my Tavor. Great class and lots of fun with some great guys. Thanks cmshoot cmshoot , look forward to the next

As other have stated, another great class and the additional low light training was outstanding. The rain and extended lowlight was once again a wake-up call on gear selection for me and others. This class had a lot of movement at night and that was absolutely the best part. The other thing that cmshoot cmshoot does in his classes that I really like is that the drill/scenario may have more than one way to tackle the problem. In my case on one of the drills, I chose lateral movement to direct cover vs. movement in the assault and then taking cover. Shep is always watchful and pointed that out to the other students who had all chosen to proceed in the manner of the demo. Which is another item that is always great in his classes, everything is fully demonstrated by one of the instructors before you do the drill. Sometimes more than once with alternative options. Always great to learn by seeing someone do it right first.

I am looking forward to handgun version of this class. Just my opinion, but I think everyone ought take advantage of any and all lowlight training. It is highly likely that any encounter where you may need a firearm will be in the dark. Take advantage of these classes to wring out your gear and know what muzzle flash will look like. At the 100yd line with my light, I had to wait for smoke & condensation from the humid air to clear to be able to see enough to take that follow-up shot and be accurate. Just something I’d never thought about before. Also confirmed that LEDs suck in smoky/foggy conditions. Once student did have a light made by Modlight. That light was amazing and lit up the whole range from 100yds.

As always instruction was great and running 2 stations made sure downtime was a minimum.

Check out modlight here: https://modlite.com/ I am now thinking about one after seeing the results.

As other have stated, another great class and the additional low light training was outstanding. The rain and extended lowlight was once again a wake-up call on gear selection for me and others. This class had a lot of movement at night and that was absolutely the best part. The other thing that cmshoot cmshoot does in his classes that I really like is that the drill/scenario may have more than one way to tackle the problem. In my case on one of the drills, I chose lateral movement to direct cover vs. movement in the assault and then taking cover. Shep is always watchful and pointed that out to the other students who had all chosen to proceed in the manner of the demo. Which is another item that is always great in his classes, everything is fully demonstrated by one of the instructors before you do the drill. Sometimes more than once with alternative options. Always great to learn by seeing someone do it right first.

I am looking forward to handgun version of this class. Just my opinion, but I think everyone ought take advantage of any and all lowlight training. It is highly likely that any encounter where you may need a firearm will be in the dark. Take advantage of these classes to wring out your gear and know what muzzle flash will look like. At the 100yd line with my light, I had to wait for smoke & condensation from the humid air to clear to be able to see enough to take that follow-up shot and be accurate. Just something I’d never thought about before. Also confirmed that LEDs suck in smoky/foggy conditions. Once student did have a light made by Modlight. That light was amazing and lit up the whole range from 100yds.

As always instruction was great and running 2 stations made sure downtime was a minimum.

Check out modlight here: https://modlite.com/ I am now thinking about one after seeing the results.
Holy sheet, $350 for a light, that better work great

Holy sheet, $350 for a light, that better work great

Like I said, it lit up the ENTIRE range from 100yds with smoke/humidity/condensation and was used to illuminate targets for multiple folks whose light (including mine) wasn't up to the task. Maybe I'll just buy an M203 and use flares... :D

Like I said, it lit up the ENTIRE range from 100yds with smoke/humidity/condensation and was used to illuminate targets for multiple folks whose light (including mine) wasn't up to the task. Maybe I'll just buy an M203 and use flares... :D

Yep, it was very impressive. I worried he was going to burn the paint off the targets.

Back
Top Bottom