Big Boy Henry X Model 44

JBob44

Default rank <400 posts
Survivalist
48   0
Reaction score
Anybody own one of these? Where did you buy yours? Trying to help someone locate one in 44spl/44mag and all the online dealers are out of stock. Not wanting to order directly from Henry as their prices tend to be couple hundred higher.
B9377227-81B2-493F-9454-F25E4FD678AD.png

It's not going to be that easy...

Henry doesn't have them in stock, and they aren't accepting back-orders for any of their rifles. The few dealers that get them seem to be putting them on GunBroker for $1200+ (and you were worried about paying MSRP at Henry!).

You can find the 357/38 and 45 Colt models are available on GunBroker for around MSRP, but the 44 Magnum is really, really hard to find... And unless the seller is clueless you'll be paying a big premium.

How do I know? I spent the last 2 months trying to get one any way I could.

I ended up punting and buying the 45 Colt, which for my purposes (suppressed lever gun) is actually better than the 44 Mag would have been. I got it for right around MSRP on GB, and literally just picked it up today, so I haven't even tried it.

It's not going to be that easy...

Henry doesn't have them in stock, and they aren't accepting back-orders for any of their rifles. The few dealers that get them seem to be putting them on GunBroker for $1200+ (and you were worried about paying MSRP at Henry!).

You can find the 357/38 and 45 Colt models are available on GunBroker for around MSRP, but the 44 Magnum is really, really hard to find... And unless the seller is clueless you'll be paying a big premium.

How do I know? I spent the last 2 months trying to get one any way I could.

I ended up punting and buying the 45 Colt, which for my purposes (suppressed lever gun) is actually better than the 44 Mag would have been. I got it for right around MSRP on GB, and literally just picked it up today, so I haven't even tried it.
Thanks for the info. Might have to compromise to get one. I guess Covid is/has restricted what Henry is producing?

I'm not sure... Getting the newer 'tactical' Marlins is just as hard. Probably a combination of slower production and the fact that it's something people can see as a self-defense gun. Just like all the 18-20" pump shotguns are gone, but you can still find 26" versions anywhere.

The Henry's were a fairly recent introduction though, so I bet there weren't a lot of them sitting around in warehouses when this all began.

What caliber? 44 Magnum? If so you did get lucky.
Incredibly. I looked really hard for a couple days on all sorts of sites. Also found one on Rifle Gear in 357 from having email notifications on for the restock alert, but I hesitated and it sold in about 5 minutes. The best thing you could've done is on Sportsman Outdoors Superstore was do an Heirloom version, but the orders for the X models ended recently and you would've gotten it around mid-December. You still can order some Non-X variants on there up until September 19 I believe, but you won't receive until probably the new year. I'm hotly debating on if I should order an All-Weather... I actually think I would like the All-Weather over the X just because it had real wood furniture rather than the polymer of the X which I'm not as crazy about. Only downside is no side-loading gate and a 20"barrel rather than a 16.5" on the X

For anyone interested:
https://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperstore.com/products2.cfm/ID/220169

For me the big difference between the All-Weather and the X Model was the threaded barrel. I have a Marlin in 357/38 that works great with my 9mm can, and was looking for something similar to use with my Octane 45.

I agree with you on the looks, the AW is a very nice looking gun. And the plastic stock on the X Model does make it feel cheaper than your typical Henry, especially the molded-in sling points.

Still, this is one Henry I won't sell off because it's too pretty to go out in the field.

Back
Top Bottom