• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Big bear on record in Virginia woods.

Heck grizzly bears get up to about 700 lb so we're talking a black bear the size of a grizzly that's a daunting realization. Give you something to think about when you're walking in the woods in the pitch black and all you have is a little Mag light.
Yep.
The monster I saw was also seen by a couple
People that live nearby.
The first thing that they all said is that it looked like a black grizzly bear.

reminds me of a Old joke my Daddy use to tell bout the 400lb bear that thought he was the biggest baddest bear in the mountains,
He decided he was tired of all the same old squirrels , possums and hikers to eat in the area and struck out looking for some new territory. After a few days walking he came over a ridge and was face to face with a 800+ lb monster of a bruin,
The big bear said 'what are you doing in my woods boy',
The smaller bear said, "I'm sorry , looking for some hew hunting ground,"
big bear "well this is my territory, and you need to leave before I kill you".
Smaller bear " No problem, Ill leave, but before I go can I ask you something?"
Big bear" what?"
smaller bear. " I Thought I was the biggest bear in the woods, How did you get so big?"
Big bear " I eat hikers"
Smaller bear' "Well I eat hikers too but your twice my size!!"
Big bear "Well how do you catch the hikers?"
Small bear, "I hide behind a big rock or tree and I jump out and roar and attack"
Big bear" well I can tell what your doing wrong, when you roar before the attack all your getting is chit and hiking boots"

I lived in VA for 9yrs and saw the biggest momma I’ve ever seen in Appomattox while muzzleloader hunting. She had two cubs with her and let me tell ya I pissed and crapped myself. If I had a rifle it wouldn’t have bothered me but I kept thinking my first shot better be perfect if she sees me. Luckily I was in a big cedar tree with good cover, she got about 30yrds from me but the cubs ran up the creek and she followed them.

seen some big bears down in Twiggs county, have never wanted to kill one. Neighbor here in N Forsyth has a video of a 350+ in his backyard

The bear y'all are probably talking about was killed on our lease in SW Virginia by Neal. The bear officially weighted 683. Joe killed one 604? two years ago. I'm still waiting on a 400lb+ bear.
IMG2275888506671162898.jpg

We had one on camera in Marion county that had to be well over 500#.

We have more than one on camera on our club in Yatesville.
F22DB537-83D6-4BDF-BA9C-7B88501E0E36.png

359DE175-65C3-4D01-A7D5-762B958C20B4.png

Back
Top Bottom