• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Beware Dead Air Odessa 9

Nice. I have one in jail since last May. I'll have to keep a close eye on the piston. I have been shopping for the fixed mount or fixed barrel spacer so I can use it on my PCC's. They have been out of stock forever. Those seem like they would be pretty easy to make and keep in stock.
I ordered a spacer from Hansohn Brothers. A lot cheaper than the $89 fixed mount that is out of stock everywhere

I took my newly acquired dead air odessa 9 suppressor to the range for the first time today. The host was my M9A3…... I thought I might have assembled it incorrectly. Well I did have it assembled correctly…… was not caused by a baffle strike, goofy ammo, or user error.
I ordered a spacer from Hansohn Brothers. A lot cheaper than the $89 fixed mount that is out of stock everywhere
Based on your posts, you did indeed use it incorrectly.
You are not supposed to use a Nielsen device(without fixed barrel spacer) with a fixed barrel or else this is exactly what happens.
I made the same mistake using a surefire ryder 9 on my mp5, it didn’t kill the piston but it did destroy the piston spring.

No the M9A3 is not a fixed barrel. I ordered the spacer for use on a PCC. Spacer hasn't come in the mail yet
Nielsen device is for browning tilt action barrel pistols which the m9a3 is not. It’s considered a fixed barrel since it doesn’t tilt like a Glock, M&P, Sig etc.

Slow motion:

Back
Top Bottom