• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best way for my money to make money and be accessible

Twiztid

Default rank <3000 posts
ODT Junkie!
53   0
Reaction score
Hey guys, so I've finally paid off my credit cards and have some money to put away. Need your help on a hypothetical situation.

While being paranoid and not giving you real amounts.Let's say I have $40,000 to invest/ put away but I want at least $20,000 to be accessible as a just in case fund and the other $20,000 can be slightly less accessible.

*I don't want to chance losing money
*I want a high intrest account

I'm thinking a platinum money market currently. What would you guys do?

Little bit of background: 29, have a 457 pension, my wife has one of her own too. Both of us work in the public sector.
Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

If it was that easy, everybody would be doing it.

That being said, buy some stocks or money market account type stuff. DWCPF is making almost 20% YTD. SPX is making about 18%. SPX follows the S&P 500, DWCPF is Dow Jones U.S. Completion Total Stock Market Index

In. Difficult to find much of a return in that scenario at the moment.

My thoughts as well. This is more to get another opinion to show my wife. We've talked to an accountant who suggested the money market route to us.

That being said, buy some stocks or money market account type stuff. DWCPF is making almost 20% YTD. SPX is making about 18%. SPX follows the S&P 500, DWCPF is Dow Jones U.S. Completion Total Stock Market Index

I figured to get a good return we'd have to risk some. She wants to risk 0, I'm willing to put half out there.

This. Anything short term, high gains, and easily accessible is going to be higher risk. I'd take this advice. Otherwise you're just gambling.

This. Anything short term, high gains, and easily accessible is going to be higher risk. I'd take this advice. Otherwise you're just gambling.

To be fair, I lost money last year in those I mentioned. However this year has more than made up for it. Which is a long way of saying, the market is a long game strategy. JMO.

Back
Top Bottom