• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best supressor (Cost NOT a factor)

zracin

Default rank <1250 posts Lifetime Supporter
ODT Junkie!
71   0
Reaction score
I have finally (other than a few safe queens) consolidated all my firearms into 3 calibers, I have threaded barrels on nearly all of them now: Ive seen a few threads talking about best the suppressor for the money. Cost is not an factor for me. I also don't care if it is small or large. I will prep any firearms still needing it (ie: recoil boosters, etc). Barrell lengths on firearms intended for use with these vary from 3.5-8" With all that out of the way: What are the best (quietest) suppressors that exist in .22 , 9mm, and .45. Do they still make 2-stage suppressors?

The best, and even quietest is in the eye of the shooter. If all you care about is quietest, liberty is hard to beat, although they are generally a little bigger and longer. With that said, if cost is no object, get a liberty essence for 22, if cost and size doesn't matter to you, get a liberty mystic for 9mm. I think the Tirant edges the osprey in 45 because its user serviceable even bough I own the osprey.

My opinion

Last edited:
I understand the steps for legality and paperwork required. Anybody think designing my own is a good Idea? I was a physics whiz. and without caring much about the size, I think I could make one employing all suppression designs (mouse holes, reflex, absorption, chambering) something like this: it would be larger, but again not a concern for me:
silencer.JPG

If you want the best, wait til march for the octane 45 to come in. That will be great on 45 and 9. For 22, I'd suggest looking at weight, length and material, and decide which of those are most important. These days there aren't too many "bad" 22 cans out there, just different combinations of features.

Back
Top Bottom