Best Set of Tires for Exploder?

I have Revos on my expedition

They have super traction in the rain and snow and good in the dirt Quiet on the highway

During Snow-pocalypse I had no issues with traction

I could stop and start on any hill
Lots of cars could not even move on flat ground

Last edited:
I wouldn't put a Goodyear tire on any vehicle i own. Cooper Discoverer HT is good, Definity Dakota HT is made by Cooper and both are 60k mile tires. The Toyo Open Country is a good tire and Toyo also makes Nitto which are great tires. Bridgestone's are nice but nothing to write home about, MultiMile, Cordovan, and TBC are all Cooper built tires for a fraction of the cost. Michelins are great but if you buy a 70k mile tire and only drive 5k miles a year then the tires will dry rot and need to be replaced years before you wear them out and get your money out of them. What size tire is on the Explorer and what year is it?

I ran the Wranglers on my truck, didn't get 20k miles from them. They were rated at 40k. Other than that they were ok. I prefer Michelin. But like you say....they are expensive. $135-150 per.

France would not let the US fly over their air space to bomb Libya during reagan,never bought a Michelin tire again

The Wranglers from Wal Mart (the cheap line) can't be beat for the money. We've had three sets in 200,000 miles on our AWD 2000 Explorer and the current set has plenty of tread left on them. I also got about 60,000 from a set on my Mazda pickup and have another set with about 30,000 on them now. They are all terrain tires, so they do make a little noise, but we have kept them rotated and balanced and they have performed amazingly well on our vehicles.............

Last edited:
The Wranglers from Wal Mart (the cheap line) can't be beat for the money. We've had three sets in 200,000 miles on our AWD 2000 Explorer and the current set has plenty of tread left on them. I also got about 60,000 from a set on my Mazda pickup and have another set with about 30,000 on them now. They are all terrain tires, so they do make a little noise, but we have kept them rotated and balanced and they have performed amazingly well on our vehicles.............

Those are the best deal going. I caught the 235/75/15's for $55 a piece at walmart several years ago. A very good, square wearing tire.

Back
Top Bottom