• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Best optic for Henry x .357

Rowdyron86

Default rank <1500 posts
ODT Junkie!
70   0
Reaction score
Have a .357 Henry x and run a suppressor with it. It shoots well with the iron sites with the suppressor on it but I would like to put an optic on it. so many optics out there I wanted to see if the ODT community could make some suggestions for me. special attention to anyone running a set Up already.

Have a .357 Henry x and run a suppressor with it. It shoots well with the iron sites with the suppressor on it but I would like to put an optic on it. so many optics out there I wanted to see if the ODT community could make some suggestions for me. special attention to anyone running a set Up already.
What did you end up choosing? I'm having the same issue with my 357 lever as well, not sure what to put on it.

Attachments

• IMG_7420.JPG
    IMG_7420.JPG
    146.3 KB · Views: 110
Straight 4x or a Nikon 3-9x would do fine. You don't need anything fancy. At subsonic velocities you're not going to be shooting any long distance. Close range precision is the deal

I like the 4x fixed power scopes, as well.

I have a lever with a Simmons 4x, cost me less than $50 and works great.
I have Low Power Leupold’s on others-they do not work any better than the Simmons on a lever gun.

Less is more.

I try to stay light and compact.

I put my old hunting 4x12 on my Model X 44mag. I have a piston coming so I can shoot it suppressed with my TiRant 45. I was told by AAC that it would be okay to shoot supers with the longer barrel length of the rifle.

Attachments

• 20230918_195514.jpg
    20230918_195514.jpg
    289.1 KB · Views: 97
I'm gonna go 'Fudd' on this one and say - at least consider an 'improved' iron peep sight like the ones that Rangerpoint make.

I put an optic on my Big Boy X and realized I'd have to put a riser on the stock or find a really low-profile optic which in turn would be blocked by my can.

All depends on you, I just put a Red dot on my Marlin 44mag no problem seeing the dot everytime I shoulder it.
The 336 35 remington i have a regular scope from years ago on it and it takes a second to line up versus the dot.
I also just picked up a henry 357 this past weekend (not threaded) the biggest thing that caught my eye in the manual is to use heavy grain 38spec so the overall length will be close to the of a 357 to get reliable feeding. After some videos on youtube I have seen the malfunctions.

Back
Top Bottom