• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Best lower parts kit

oldmetlfan

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
47   0
Reaction score
From what reading I have done, it seems that most AR lower kits have parts from the same manufacturers.
Is there any 1 kit that stands above the rest, or do you just buy a cheap kit, and upgrade the parts you want?

I have to say, the Palmetto kit I got for my new build looks better (at least the trigger group, which, in my opinion, is the piece of an LPK subject to the most variation in quality) than the Anderson Manufacturing kit I put on my last build. Doublestar LPK on my now-sold STAR-15 was seemingly decent quality, too... Not too much grit in the trigger. Those are the only three I've had experience with, so that's all I can really speak to.

I've used a LOT over the years. The CMMG ones are pretty nice. The PSA ones I've gotten have always had all of the parts (I know others have not). I've also used some cheapy ones that worked okay but the finish was meh. The Daniel Defense ones are really nice as are the nicer Spikes ones.

I usually buy just the parts I need and then buy upgraded parts for trigger and what not instead of buying a lpk for a mag catch, bolt catch, and buffer retainer.

Spikes enhanced kit if you can find one, but the Palmetto State Armory, Daniel Defense, and CMMG are great standard milspec kits. DPMS sucks.....half the time the takedown pins are sized wrong.

Back
Top Bottom