Best lightweight bolt action magazine fed 22lr

Anyone have any experience with the savage mark II minimalist?
Not a fan of the Savages as a whole. They are accurate enough, but it end there. They need to be bedded. Everything is sloppy and loose. Trigger needs to be replaced to get away from that terrible blade (anything with a blade down the middle needs replaced) and the mags are downright awful.

I ended up with the Ruger American 22LR compact for squirrels. Runs a Bushnell 4-12. I can hit and break clay pigeons all day long at 150 yards with Mini-Mags and at 50 yards with quiets without changing the settings.

I have 10/22 magazines already, so multiple rifles for the same magazines is a good idea. Plus, I already have ways of transporting them while on foot.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Ruger American with the changeable stock modules. Uses 10/22 magazines, LOP and cheek height are adjustable and easy to mount an optic if desired.

I ended up with the Ruger American 22LR compact for squirrels. Runs a Bushnell 4-12. I can hit and break clay pigeons all day long at 150 yards with Mini-Mags and at 50 yards with quiets without changing the settings.

I have 10/22 magazines already, so multiple rifles for the same magazines is a good idea. Plus, I already have ways of transporting them while on foot.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

And you can get one with a threaded barrel. Excellent suppressor host.

Back
Top Bottom