Best Guitarist You Ever Saw in Person

Skydog is one of my main influences!! Derek Trucks is coming along in the same kinda lineage...
I grew up in south Macon in the 70s and 80s. So I am admittedly a little burned out on Allman Brothers tunes. I've been to Duane and Berry Oakley's grave sites in Rose Hill Cemetery a few times. They eventually had to fence it off. And on a side note, those of you who are AB fans should check it out if you for some mystery reason find yourself in Macon. Aside from those two graves there is an entire hill of Civil War graves. And the cemetery is next to the train tracks and the Ocmulgee river. It's probably the prettiest spot in all of Macon.
I like the work Duane did on the Derek and the Dominoes album. "Bell Bottom Blues" is one of my favorites. Aside from that I'd have to say "Trouble No More" has to be my favorite.

Hell yeah, for Toy. I like Dickey, too, but Toy did all that hot playing and only picked with his thumb.

I have to agree with Brad Paisley. I saw him once and wasn't sure who he was. But, I knew who he was after that. Duane was a big influence on him, as well.

I grew up in south Macon in the 70s and 80s. So I am admittedly a little burned out on Allman Brothers tunes. I've been to Duane and Berry Oakley's grave sites in Rose Hill Cemetery a few times. They eventually had to fence it off. And on a side note, those of you who are AB fans should check it out if you for some mystery reason find yourself in Macon. Aside from those two graves there is an entire hill of Civil War graves. And the cemetery is next to the train tracks and the Ocmulgee river. It's probably the prettiest spot in all of Macon.
I like the work Duane did on the Derek and the Dominoes album. "Bell Bottom Blues" is one of my favorites. Aside from that I'd have to say "Trouble No More" has to be my favorite.

Rose Hill IS one of the prettiest places in Macon, I agree. I have been all over the Confederate Cemetery and that is the only one I've ever been to that would have the word "Conscript" under the person's name on the tombstone. The battle of Griswoldville happened so fast that the regular army went into town and started drafting, or "conscripting" any male that could fight. They didn't even have time to assign them to a unit.

My apologies to the OP for getting a little off subject. I could talk about Macon and Duane Allman for days.

I yield the floor.

Back
Top Bottom