• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best Bourbon that doesn't break the bank?

Debating on popping the Belle Meade Cask later this evening...

09CA003D-CA1D-4507-894E-581538677B7B.jpeg

Debating on popping the Belle Meade Cask later this evening...

View attachment 2551863
Oh nice, that Stagg right there pretty darn good too, I'm currently working on the Old Forester single, just killed a bottle of EW master blend (goes down like water....well it all goes down like water but this is like fancy water) and holding out on this 12 cause it's super delicious and the last bottle I got, haven't seen it around here.
12.jpg
13.jpg
11.jpg

Man I need to catch up.

I have been to Nashville and visited the Greenbriar Distillery where Belle Meade is distilled. I have several bottle of Belle Meade and enjoy them. Good call,

I hate to admit this, but I have not tried Old Forester Single Barrel. Nor have I had the Evan William Master blend or the 12yr. I need to remedy that fact.

Now, I have wanted to try Stagg, but neither of the three likka stores near me have it, or it is sold out before I get there. Heck man, post a review of Stagg, or tell me where your honey hole is so I can taste it!lol

There are just so many bourbons, and so little time to try them. Oh well, kind of like trying to find that elusive Smith revolver, the chase is almost as much fun as the tasting.....I said ALMOST!

Anyone on tried Barrel Bourbon or E H Taylor? I was told that I would like them, but I am a bit hesitant after reading a few reviews.

Honestly Barrel Bourbon has so many versions and they are best known for blends and finished bourbons... not really my jam but I’ve heard the Dove bottle is really good (finished)

All EH Taylor are Bottled in Bond unless otherwise stated like the elusive Barrel Proof batches. You can easily snag a small batch for around $40-45 and it reminds me of a slightly hotter Eagle Rare. For that kind of money I’m going with Elijah Craig Barrel Proof every time!

I have honestly been impressed with the 120 proof 15 yr Knob Creek store pick bottles for $40 though.

Also, Stagg Jr is released twice a year and you look up the proof to see which batch (release) it is. Most shops now know what they have and either jack up the price or make you purchase other less desirable bottles before you can snag it.

I paid $49 for mine but regularly see them for $90-125 at shops.

Man I need to catch up.

I have been to Nashville and visited the Greenbriar Distillery where Belle Meade is distilled. I have several bottle of Belle Meade and enjoy them. Good call,

I hate to admit this, but I have not tried Old Forester Single Barrel. Nor have I had the Evan William Master blend or the 12yr. I need to remedy that fact.

Now, I have wanted to try Stagg, but neither of the three likka stores near me have it, or it is sold out before I get there. Heck man, post a review of Stagg, or tell me where your honey hole is so I can taste it!lol

There are just so many bourbons, and so little time to try them. Oh well, kind of like trying to find that elusive Smith revolver, the chase is almost as much fun as the tasting.....I said ALMOST!

Anyone on tried Barrel Bourbon or E H Taylor? I was told that I would like them, but I am a bit hesitant after reading a few reviews.

Back
Top Bottom