• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best bang for the buck long range scope

Actually, @Twitch2120 has a helluva deal posted for an swfa HD 5-20 with aadmount caps and mount.

If in s GA, no reason to limit yourself to 600 yards with Arena probably not all that far from you.

Glass quality is always important. A big one that people don't pay attention to on budget options is tracking. The Strike Eagle fails these tests constantly. I know that Blackhound is a good company, but I can't see their tracking holding up reliability. Nothing in that price range does. Wanna chase yourself and never figure out why you aren't hitting and hate the intermediate and long range stuff? Get a scope that doesn't track properly

Actually, @Twitch2120 has a helluva deal posted for an swfa HD 5-20 with aadmount caps and mount.

If in s GA, no reason to limit yourself to 600 yards with Arena probably not all that far from you.

Glass quality is always important. A big one that people don't pay attention to on budget options is tracking. The Strike Eagle fails these tests constantly. I know that Blackhound is a good company, but I can't see their tracking holding up reliability. Nothing in that price range does. Wanna chase yourself and never figure out why you aren't hitting and hate the intermediate and long range stuff? Get a scope that doesn't track properly

Are you seeing fails with the new 34mm tube Strike Eagle? Mine is doing great so far.

Yeah, Arena is only 45 min or some from me. Definitely looks like I need to do some more reading on scopes, tracking, and turret operations. My scope use is limited to hunting at about 300 yards. Usually sight in at 100 and then simply aim higher to compensate for bullet drop at 300 or so.

Yeah, Arena is only 45 min or some from me. Definitely looks like I need to do some more reading on scopes, tracking, and turret operations. My scope use is limited to hunting at about 300 yards. Usually sight in at 100 and then simply aim higher to compensate for bullet drop at 300 or so.
That 5-20 is a solid combo.

I haven't ever met anyone who was disappointed by spending extra to with quality. If you outgrow your rifle, pull the scope and put it on something else.

I have three Blackhound scopes 6x24x50 MOA, 6x24x50 MIL and the 1x8 all which I shoot often. Instead of spending $1000 for one scope, I now have 3 very good scopes that am pleased with. You should checkout a guy on you tube CYCLOPS! He did a tracking test on the blackhound scopes and they passed his torture test. Hope you're not one of those individuals who thinks if you spend more you get better quality except in the case of the high end scopes. I'd take that same $1000, buy a $400 Blackhound and use the remaining $600 on BULLETS and range time!

I have three Blackhound scopes 6x24x50 MOA, 6x24x50 MIL and the 1x8 all which I shoot often. Instead of spending $1000 for one scope, I now have 3 very good scopes that am pleased with. You should checkout a guy on you tube CYCLOPS! He did a tracking test on the blackhound scopes and they passed his torture test. Hope you're not one of those individuals who thinks if you spend more you get better quality except in the case of the high end scopes. I'd take that same $1000, buy a $400 Blackhound and use the remaining $600 on BULLETS and range time!
Cool first post

Back
Top Bottom