The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
382   0
Reaction score
Need some assistance fellas.
Looking to buy an AR platform rifle that
- shoots 7.62x39
and
- takes AK magazines

My current options (new & used) are the CMMG mutant, Sig 556R & 556xi, PSA KS47.

Not sure of any others.

Anyone have experience with them and any feedback is appreciated.
Saw some YouTube reviews on these and every other videos shows some of them malfunctioning in some sort or fashion.
Mutants had failure to fire
Sig had failure to feed and eject
PSA had none that I saw.
These are only YouTube feedbacks that I have seen.

What's your feedback on them? Any issues? Any recalls?

Appreciate the great and detailed response.
I'm looking for one of the above mentioned so that I can put a nice optic on it since the standard AKs are heavier and don't take optics very well. But I still want to keep my AK.

I was under the impression that the Sig 7.62*39 had some issues? Maybe just their earlier guns.

No direct experience with any of them, but I thought the Mutant received good reviews.

I have a couple of Norinco 84s, a reverse of what you seek, but for the price of an 7.62*39 AR, you can get a very nice Arsenal AK. And mounting scopes is not an issue. But Rock on!

I would steer clear of PSA on any non-standard caliber on the AR pattern rifles. At least a complete build.

Their upper/lowers are fine... and build them up yourself with quality parts.

Why you say that?
I just don't think they do a good job with R&D on the non-standard calibers. No experience with the specific rifle you're looking at... but seen plenty of issues with PA-9 and PA-10 rifles. Mostly issues surrounding the barrels/chambers.

Back
Top Bottom