Best .45 Suppressor Host-POLL

Which one...if you choose other please tell why

• Total voters
USP 45 Tactical....

I tried hard to keep an FNX 45. All 3 I have had/shot had magazine release issues; sone had very sticky mag release buttons and all had issues with empty mags not dropping free. That is unacceptable in a $1k handgun to me...not to mention if FN comes out with yet another model designation (a la FNP to FNX) to fix more design issues they will no longer warranty it.

The USP holds a solid, reliable 12+1 rounds and the trigger is spectacular for a plastic gun.

Not to be Nit-picky, but a 14-lb. Recoil Spring is only two pounds lighter than the "Stock" Recoil Spring on a Government-length 1911--A 10 or 12-lb. Spring would probably have worked much better--HTH--mikey357

True, although this is one of the Commander length guns. I just wanted to see if dropping the weight a little helped any (it didn't).

I was actually more hopeful that a heavier spring would help, on the assumption that the slide was cycling faster than normal and needed more resistance.

image.jpg

I have one with the octane 45hd. Sound is pleasant, hearing safe. I dont have other host current to give you a comparison to though. Working on finding a 45 rifle thats worthy of shooting suppressed

Does the FNX Tactical need a different piston than a glock? I had a buddy bring his over yesterday and we fired my lock first. Took the Octane off and the suppressor just slid over the threads...didnt make much sense to me

Does the FNX Tactical need a different piston than a glock? I had a buddy bring his over yesterday and we fired my lock first. Took the Octane off and the suppressor just slid over the threads...didnt make much sense to me
  • Barrel Length: 5.3″ (with .578x28 RH barrel end thread pattern)
i dont think I had to buy a special booster. I got the fixed barrel and one booster for it. also works great on my ruger 77/44 (the octane)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom