• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Berry's hollow points?

BAR64

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
6   0
Reaction score
They've had them on their website for a long time, but never seen any...And of course now, nobody is seeing much of anything from them right now but, Has anyone ever seen their hollow points?

Buddy of mine grabbed some 9mm berrys hp's. Ill tell you the same i told him, fantastic for range use but dont think just cause they are hp's that they are even remotely worth using for SD. From all accounts ive seen, plated hp's are garbage for expansion. With the huge range of quality jhp's on the market, there is no reason to not go with them. Cant go wrong with some xtp's

Thanks for the replies, I was hoping they would be better. Looking at the pics, Berry's seem like good ones as compared to the XTP's - There is a huge difference between Berry's & XTP's design and like Powerbonds HP's.

Powerbond definitely look like range rounds:

XTP's:
xtp.jpg

Berry's:
New-HP_md.jpg

Powerbond:
powerbond.jpg

Berry's seem to be removed from their website, but when they were there, they were not listed as available but "in testing by select OEM's". Are you sure you guys didnt try the Powerbonds? If you google search for Berry's HP's, they still show up... Not trying to be argumentative, just hoping for better priced GOOD hollow points in bulk is all.

I bought some of the berry's hp a few years ago. They look exactly like the bottom pic in the previous post (labels are mixed up). At range distances they shoot just as well as fmj and cost about the same when I got them so why not. If all I had were fmj or these I'd pic these for SD. I agree they are not anywhere near as good as quality SD bullets.

Last edited:
Just checked Berry's site and the pics are correct LOL they have changed the design since I bought mine. Mine do look like the bottom pic though.

Good hollowpoints in bulk, go for nosler jhp's. Before the madness i ordered 1000 185gr .451's from powder valley for 157 bucks. Best bang for buck that I've seen.

To be clear, I meant I hoped the bullets would better, not the member replies - when I returned to this thread, I realized it could be read differently :embarassed:

Vdub & Clark - thanks that's good info there, I'll see what I can find!

It all depends on the purpose of the rounds man. If you are just loading up SHTF/WROL ammo, then hell yea they will be great. Or just target/blasting ammo. For SD use though, i wouldnt even trust good jhp's unless you chrony the loads to verify you are where you want to be. A nice jhp still wont expand well if not pushing the right velocities. For how little SD loads are actually use, i generally just run quality factory sd ammo. YMMV

Back
Top Bottom