• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Bergara vs Tikka

jpm2953

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
403   0
Reaction score
Just want a range rifle.
Tikka T3x CTR or something like a Begara HMR?

I can only shoot out to 225 yards at my range.

I think the B14 HMR offers a lot right out of the box. I am not very familiar with Tikkas offerings.

You need neither one for 250. Their standard lineup will shoot moa/submoa just fine for 250 and beyond. For competition (shooting a lot of a hot a barrel), I'd choose the Bergara. It has a better out of the box stock for that. This is coming from a life long tikka fan boy. The CTR isn't what you want. It's the tac a1 you want, but it's in a different price bracket. Get the Bergara.

I guess I should have said that I am aware I don’t need either for shooting 225 yards. I regularly hit the steel with my 22 mag. Just want another range rifle.

I have a Tikka T3x Tac in 6.5 creedmoor. It shoots like a dream. It comes with a sweet 2 stage trigger and is as accurate as the shooter. The down side is the cost of the ammo.

I just got a begara hmr 6.5 creedmore nice setup for under 1k keep in mind it doesn’t have a base. any Remington 700 short action will work depending on your scope and distance if a 20moa is needed or not. Waiting on my rings to come in can’t wait to take it out.

Back
Top Bottom