Beretta 92 from Dekalb sheriff dept.

Someone enlighten me as to the difference between the gun listed (92G) and the more common 92FS?

The ad lists the gun as a 92G and then goes on to say "own the 92fs in the picture for $349...."

Anybody else catch that? And what would be the difference?

That's an awesome price and I've been wanting a Beretta 92 for a while now..............hmmmmm.......

Last edited:
Someone enlighten me as to the difference between the gun listed (92G) and the more common 92FS?

The ad lists the gun as a 92G and then goes on to say "own the 92fs in the picture for $349...."

Anybody else catch that? And what would be the difference?

That's an awesome price and I've been wanting a Beretta 92 for a while now..............hmmmmm.......

92G (Gendermerie) is a decock-only version of the 92. Originally built for a French police contract. You can flip the lever down to decock, but it springs back up. They tend to be few and far between in the US- exceptions have been the current ones for sale, some Orange Co FL ones several years ago, and a few of the competition or limited release guns (92 Elite, Elite II, Elite 1A, Custom Carry, etc).

You can't convert a 92FS to a 92G or vice versa. Different channels are cut into the slide for the spring return. The Cougars (and I believe PX4s) can be switched between the two modes pretty readily. Not the 92.

I picked up one of the single stack 92Gs (Compact L Type M) that was an OC, FL gun when those were sold off. It had zero wear and is one of my favorite guns.

Back
Top Bottom