• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Benjamin Marauder/PCP help

shotgunman

Default rank <4500 posts
ODT Junkie!
193   0
Reaction score
This may be under the wrong heading.

Got a Benjamin Marauder 22 from an ODTer a few weeks ago. I’ve shot it 200 times maybe. I will have to say beyond a shadow of a doubt the most accurate pellet rifle I’ve ever shot. 35 yard shots on a half dollar are common. 50 yard squirrel shots are common. I am amazed because I am not a great marksman. It’s quiet, no recoil, scope is on the money, etc. A tad heavy but tolerable.

With all that said, I’m a novice on how to get the tanks refilled. It sounds like you have to have a scuba rating to get the scuba tank filled. There is not a dive shop that is convenient to me either. Looks like it’s going to be a pain in the rear to get the tank filled.

I am looking at the alternative of getting a high pressure compressor. Any of you guys or gals have any recommendations. Looks like there are many affordable out there with various ratings. Looking in the 300.00 range. Any good ones out there at that price point?

Anybody need to sell one?

Thanks!

No experience with the pumps. You may want to see if local fire department will fill it, as they fill their own tanks for their fire fighters. Also paint ball places may have the capability.

Chinese made Yong Heng compressors on Amazon in the 300$ seem to do ok as long as you follow instructions carefully.
The name brand models are much, much higher. It's still nice to have a portable bottle and that's going to set you back roughly the same.
If you have any friends in the FD they might be able to fill them for you. The least popular option is a hand pump which is slow and a lot of work.

Chinese made Yong Heng compressors on Amazon in the 300$ seem to do ok as long as you follow instructions carefully.
The name brand models are much, much higher. It's still nice to have a portable bottle and that's going to set you back roughly the same.
If you have any friends in the FD they might be able to fill them for you. The least popular option is a hand pump which is slow and a lot of work.

Thanks and you’re right..hand pump is a less than optional answer. I’ve read stories of self inflicted heart attacks with the hand pumps!

Back
Top Bottom