• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Benelli Sport II 30inch Ported Barrel

Matt820xp

Default rank <200 posts
Hunter
10   0
Reaction score
When I got into Sporting Clays I began a search for the ultimate in comfort and reliability. I shot alot of Beretta and Benelli shotguns but settled on the Sport II after finally getting some time on it. The walnut is not Citori grade wood but matches the gun well. The reciever is split in two pieces so you can take the top part off and clean all internals without dropping the trigger assy. The gun will eat any load that you put into it and shoots as fast as you can pull the trigger. The porting to me makes a difference in keeping the muzzle in line for the next shot. As far as deciding on a 28 or 30inch barrel, its a personal preferance but either will swing just as fine on a clay course or dove field. The only issue that I have with the gun is that it will not fit most soft zip cases as it is very long. I shared my gun with a buddy one day and we shot 600 rounds without letting it cool down and we had zero failures and the gun still looked as clean as when we started. If you are on the fence- pull the trigger on this one.

Back
Top Bottom