Benchmade rescue hooks

Hey seen this and figured I’d give my 2¢. Mine was a little different but We were issued similar benchmade rescue hooks while I was in the ARMY. The ones we were issued has what in my opinion is a little better Handel because it has a longer neck between the hook and loop. Which gives better position of your thumb if you need to put some down force on it. Also it has a padded nonslip rubberish cover on the handle and loop and also had like a black anti-rust, duricoat/rino liner type coating on the whole thing minuse the blade itself. I carried it on my vest in Iraq and on my duty belt while preforming law enforcement duties. I was happy with it in every way. Performance, convenience, durability, easy to sharpen, all-in-all great tool. I would actually like to buy another one. I’ve been using mine as a gut hook for the past few years when I found it again while going through some of my gear I boxed up after getting out of the ARMY. Sorry for the long reply. But I personally believe that regardless rather you get the one in this listing or the one like we were issued you will be happy with it’s preformance either as a gut hook or for it’s intended use. Good luck and let me know if you end up getting one and what your opinion of it is if you do.

4C1B5051-40DB-424B-9AE8-01F03832C26B.jpeg
The one ⭕️ is the one we were issued.

I could have used one of these a few months ago at an auto accident scene. All we had was my first aid kit scissors to cut a seat belt to get a man out of an upside-down truck.

Back
Top Bottom