• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Beautiful Day (For Jan)

Targetmaster

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
228   0
Reaction score
Sun Shinning, Temp 45-55. Perfect day of Driving the War Wagon "SUSIEQ". Went and got a nice T-Bone Steak, Sweet Ice T and a nice "slow" ride on some Country Back Roads. Life is Good
1f642.png
No land Mines, No Ambushes , No VC... SAT CONG
WAR IMG_1573 (2).jpg

Attachments

• WAR IMG_1570 (2).jpg
    WAR IMG_1570 (2).jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 32
Yes, a beautiful day. I fished for a few hours and the lake was packed. Several jet skis out too. Water temps in low 40’s. Ah to be young again. The forecast for Monday is 70'.

We’re you in the Vietnam war
Sadly I was, Platoon Sgt, E Co 4th Plat 4/47 9th ID in the stinking Mekong Delta 67-68, got my azz shot up and direct hit from a 122mm put me in Walter Reed for 8 months, it was NOT as nice of a Day as was today.. Unlike OZ, I clicked my heels 3 times, but it still didn't take me home to ToTo and Auntie Em..:doh:

Today's weather was unbelievable. I wanted so much to shoot the rifle matches (local) today but had to attend the funeral of an uncle, also a wounded Vietnam Veteran.
Sorry for your loss, the Nam Ranks are thinning, lost many of mine, but they'll be waiting for me with a cold one at that NCO Club in the sky...... I hope..

Sorry for your loss, the Nam Ranks are thinning, lost many of mine, but they'll be waiting for me with a cold one at that NCO Club in the sky...... I hope..
He was a good man. You could take his word to the bank. He was humble too.

Sadly I was, Platoon Sgt, E Co 4th Plat 4/47 9th ID in the stinking Mekong Delta 67-68, got my azz shot up and direct hit from a 122mm put me in Walter Reed for 8 months, it was NOT as nice of a Day as was today.. Unlike OZ, I clicked my heels 3 times, but it still didn't take me home to ToTo and Auntie Em..:doh:
thank you for your service, I wish I could introduce you to my uncle joe, he was an army ranger there 67,68,69, he lives in Dallas ga

Back
Top Bottom