• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bear

I had one walk right past my stand a couple years ago on opening day of bow season. By the time I wrestled my phone out of my pocket and snapped a pic he was 50 or so yards away. He was so skinny one guy asked if it was a black cat. It was quartering away and really did look like a big cat minus the tail...

Sorry to hear that, we lost our first when we moved to GA 13 years ago. We waited a few years and then found another one to fill the void. They really are the best breed around.

I've got a greyhound as well. I will never own another breed of dog. Best dog ever and really, really smart! She's almost 12 and still thinks she's about 6 or 7 years old! We also had one that passed a little over 2 years ago. She lived to be 14 years and 4 months! We also fostered a number of others.

Lucky he didn't hurt his feet being bare footed and all.......just telling the bare facts.......I know, you barely beleive these jokes! Just grin and bare it.. O.K. that's it.

I'm not interested in shooting them. Unless one is trying to eat me:rolleyes: I would rather get a chance to see one every now and then. Have only had three instance of seeing them live or on trail cam the past three years. I'll definitely keep a pistol handy while out and about though...
I had a friend a little north of here two years ago who shot a deer on their property in the evening. He walked back from his stand to get his 4 wheeler since it was getting dark and he had seen it fall. It got dark by the time he got back and he wasn't able to find it so went back to the house and called his brother. When he arrived an hour later they went and looked more and could not find it although he was sure they were right where it dropped. The next morning they went back up and found where the deer had gone down and it was exactly where they had already looked. It looked like a 4 wheeler had driven through the brush from there down the hill in to the thick stuff and where a bunch of pines had blown over years before. (Even though they had not driven down there...) They follow the trail down in to the thick stuff and find the half eaten doe pushed up under some tree trunks and covered with leaves... At some point in the short time he had shot the deer and walked back to get his 4 wheeler, a bear had made off with the deer. Sure lucky they didn't come on it the night before.

Originally Posted by Aikibiker65
Sorry to hear that, we lost our first when we moved to GA 13 years ago. We waited a few years and then found another one to fill the void. They really are the best breed around.
I've got a greyhound as well. I will never own another breed of dog. Best dog ever and really, really smart! She's almost 12 and still thinks she's about 6 or 7 years old! We also had one that passed a little over 2 years ago. She lived to be 14 years and 4 months! We also fostered a number of others.

We would really like to get another dog but at the same time it is nice not to have one. At least from the perspective that we don't have to always worry about getting back home or what to do if the pooch can't come with us if we want to go somewhere. We go back and forth about every week about jumping back in...

Back
Top Bottom