• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

bear taken with spear

The spear was man's first hunting tool around 500,000 years ago.

Life in the wild is brutal and rarely is a death there kind. Predators, without the advantage of opposable thumbs, track, chase, pounce, and kill using claws and teeth. When apex predators die, it is often of starvation due to old age or injury. There are no retirement homes or social security benefits for wild animals.

That's probably true, but to replicate a shot placement with a spear would be almost impossible. Look at MLB pitchers. They get paid millions and cant replicate every time with a ball.

I agree....MLB pitchers are waaaaay overpaid. LMAO. :fencing:

I do have to concede the point that throwing a spear with accurate placement would be next to impossible.

The article in the Sun said that the animal would take up to 20 hours to die .

So have we heard from the hunter yet? Did the animal really suffer for almost a full day, living while being basically disemboweled?

(begin sarcasm)Yet another shining example of an even handed, unopinionated, agendaless journalism. The effort spent in finding or making up suppositions really and jumping to conclusions shows through, at least twice the work it would have taken to report facts. A true example to teach our children and their children of the high standards of reporting in the world today. (end sarcasm)
Sorry sarcasm in not something I do well. Those mooks could not have been any more slanted and crooked if they tried. And they did!

Assuming (in the interest of the best possible chance for a quick kill) you're practiced and proficient with either a spear or a bow, I don't see the difference between a "broadhead" on the end of a big stick or an arrow???? I agree..the truly horrific death here is objectivity in the media.

The article in the Sun said that the animal would take up to 20 hours to die .

So have we heard from the hunter yet? Did the animal really suffer for almost a full day, living while being basically disemboweled?
that thing bled out in a matter of minutes

no way a gushing wound like that would take 20 hours

these hippies are just ****ing liars

That's probably true, but to replicate a shot placement with a spear would be almost impossible. Look at MLB pitchers. They get paid millions and cant replicate every time with a ball.
this. It comes off as pretentious and disrespectful in my eyes. True hunters are those that take sure shots. Not the guys that takes the 500 yd shot because he wants to " see "

Or the guy that throws a spear at a baited bear....

That was a terrible throw by the way, hope he didnt practice too much.

Back
Top Bottom